If you are thinking about selling your home, know
that now is a great time to do it! While the real estate market is slowing down, there are still buyers out there, and they won't be able to buy your home if it's not available. Here are a few reasons why you want to list your home even though there is snow on the ground.
1. There isn't as much competition: Your home will be able to get extra attention because there is less inventory on the market. In the spring, with additional listings, your home may not receive as many showings.
2. Snow & Ice = Serious Buyers: Many people do not want to venture outside when it's cold. Snow covered streets and icy sidewalks are often hard to travel on. That's why if someone is looking, they are serious about buying a new home.
3. Families look during holiday breaks: During the school break, relocating families take advantage of the free time to look at homes. They know it's a quiet time to find a new home, and get their kids settled into a new home before school starts in January.
4. A quicker close: It can be easier to close a deal in December because lenders are not as busy as they are in the spring. Plus lenders are motivated to close deals before the start of the new year.
5. Your home looks great: The holiday decor you have around the home helps it look amazing to buyers. The garland and lights put people in the sprit of the season. It also helps buyers imagine how they will decorate their new home when they are in it next year.
Again, don't let the cold keep you from selling your home now. Instead, let the holiday season give you the gift of an accepted offer. Thinking about selling, give us a call at (414) 861-0387!