With warmer temperatures finally here, now is the time to start your spring cleaning. Here is a checklist of some simple things you can do in and around your home.
1. Clear the clutter: Create more space and a comfortable living area by getting rid of unused furniture, books and baby clothes. Either donate items to a local charity or hold a yard sale.
2. Test batteries: Check that safety devices like smoke and carbon monoxide detectors are in good working order and replace batteries as needed.
3. Clean gutters and downspouts: Make sure your gutters and downspouts are cleaned out. If not, heavy rain can cause water to pool, which has the potential to damage your home's roof and siding.
4. Wash windows and siding: Allow more sunshine into your home by cleaning off dirt on your windows. Also, use the garden hose, along with a siding cleaning kits, (purchase at home improvement store) to wash away winter grim on your home's exterior.
5. Increase curb appeal: Little changes like flower boxes or bright house numbers can have a big impact on the your home. If you're thinking about putting your house on the market, those changes will also help draw buyers in.
What tasks do you plan on tackling during this warmer and snow free weekend?