The open-concept floor plan, with its spacious interior, continues to be a popular home trend. The National Association of Home Builders estimates that 84% of new homes have the open space. If you are thinking of buying a new home, or tearing down some walls to create a larger area in your own home, here are a few things to consider.
1. Improved Visibility: If you have young children, the open space allows you to keep an eye on them at all times.
2. Everyday Living: An open floor plan allows family members to spend time together while in different areas of the home.
3. More Space: The home's layout feels larger because it's not limited with smaller room.
4. Brighter Space: Fewer walls will allow more sunlight into your home.
1. Trendy: While open floor plans are popular now, they could end up dating your home if you try to sell in a few years.
2. Sounds: Loud sounds will travel throughout the space.
3. No Privacy: Trying to read a book, or any alone time will be harder in an open floor plan.
4. Temperature: Larger spaces can be more expensive to heat and cool.
Still interested in an open floor plan home? Give us a call at (414) 861-0387 to find the one right for you!